Repairs & Warranty
SERVICING & REPAIRS
As part of our promise to our customers, Freed has a great service and repair team based in store and we aim to provide the best servicing for electric scooters in Auckland.
Phone 021498269 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org to book a service or repair for your Electric Scooter. Note: we service and repair a range of scooter brands including Xiaomi. Please note we no longer service TNE scooters.
- For quotes or complex repairs please email the team at Freed email@example.com with the below information and we can quote a price for the repair and arrange a time for you to drop off at our store:
- Contact details (name, phone number)
- Model of electric scooter, odometer reading, date of purchase
- A summary of the required service / repair
- A summary of any pre-existing damage
Freed does not take any liability for pre-existing damage to a customers electric scooter. Upon inspection we will provide you an honest quote for repair/servicing within a given time frame.
All goods purchased from Freed are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty.
We give all our scooters a 12 month or 3000 km warranty: whichever first. Battery warranty is 6 months.
If you feel that any item purchased from Freed has developed a fault, then please contact us before returning the goods. Many problems may be solved without you incurring freight costs.
Warranties cover manufacturing faults and defects. They do not cover damage caused by crashing, abuse, and general wear and tear.
Please note tyres and tubes are wear and tear items however these are covered by warranty until they have been used.
Exceeding the load capacity for your scooter, modifying your scooter and excessive water damage will void your warranty.
Guidelines for returning goods:
- Goods must be cleaned, not covered in dirt and oil
- You must provide proof of purchase
- Please be honest when dealing with us, we will endeavour to resolve any problem you have as it is in our interest to have a happy customer! Unfortunately, freight costs cannot be covered
- Goods returned will be assessed by our Warranty Department. Replacement goods will be dispatched once approved. We will contact you in cases that are not deemed to be valid for warranty.
We will process a return if an error has been made by Freed, for example, if we have supplied an incorrect product.
If you change your mind about the product ordered you are welcome to exchange it for a store credit, provided it has not been used and is as new.
We can not refund or exchange used items.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
NEW ZEALAND CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold in New Zealand. In the event that goods sold are not of good quality or are faulty, the customer has the right to a repair, replacement or refund.
NEW ZEALAND FAIR TRADING ACT 1986. The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in-store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
- The customer understands the risk of serious injury or death in the operation of such products and shall agree to take the necessary precautions and exercise good judgement to avoid hazards and dangerous situations which may result in serious injury or death.
- The customer shall agree to indemnify and hold harmless Freedpev and Cheeky Cabbage Ltd from all injuries or death arising from the operation of the product.
- The use of safety and protective gear such as bicycle helmets is strongly encouraged. And so is the use of Good Judgement.
- The customer is advised to take the following precautions:
- Do not ride on wet ground or in heavy rain;
- Take corners slowly and look out for pedestrians;
- Avoid potholes, kerbs and debris on the ground;
- Keep tires pumped to the specified pressure;
- Dismount in places with heavy human traffic and push the scooter manually;
- Service the product every 3 months on regular usage, 6 months for non-frequent usage;
- Do not use product in an unsafe manner and respect local road regulations.